Impress your dinner guests with this dessert. It’s quick and easy to make. Yet, it looks worthy of a fine dining restaurant. Best of all, panna cotta can be prepared ahead of time. It keeps well in the fridge, making it perfect for dinner parties, brunch gatherings, and upcoming holidays celebrations. This easy creamy dessert is less in calories and sugar free. And it is healthier compared to the traditional panna cotta or caramel pudding, which often is loaded with sugar and cream, that many Norwegians eat for Christmas dessert.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 5-6 tbsp sukrin or sukrin fiber syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, scrape out all of the seeds to use in the recipes
- 1 1/2 tsp gelatin powder
- If desired a zest of lime or lemon
- Use canned full-fat unsweetened coconut milk.
- Do not use light coconut milk or reduced fat coconut milk. These lighter coconut milks will not produce the same creamy results.
- Granulated white sukrin sugar or clear fiber syrup will result with the bright white panna cotta. If you use sukrin gold sugar, the panna cotta will be slightly tinted.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together half of the coconut milk with the powdered gelatin. Allow to set for 5 minutes, to allow the gelatin to “melt.”
- Add in the vanilla, then gently heat the mixture over medium-low heat, whisking well to help the gelatin dissolve. Be careful NOT to boil this mixture!
- Once the gelatin has completely dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the fiber syrup and the remaining coconut milk.
- Pour the mixture into four small dishes, and place in the fridge to set for at least four hours before serving. Serve with berries, berry coulis (berry dessert sauce) and fiber syrup.
- For added texture, shredded coconut or other fruits may be mixed into the panna cotta before chilling.
- Panna cotta may be served in a variety of different glasses, cups, jars and molds. It is best to use shapes with clean lines. The set panna cotta can be eaten straight out of the glass, cup, jar or mold, or unmolded and served as a plated dessert.
Do you want to loose weight and get yourself a nutrition program with PERSONAL GUIDANCE, RECIPES, GROCERY LISTS and WEEK MENUS? Get yourself Let`s Shine 8 weeks Nutrition program and make sure you get the results you want to achieve in 2021. Start today and get your results already after a week! Order now!