Here are five foods that make you feel good, boost your overall mood and strengthen your immune system.
- Salmon: This oily fish is rich not only in healthy protein but also in omega-3 fatty acids, which benefit both your heart and your brain. It also provides you with bone-building vitamin D. Still, serving up salmon every day would be a bit too much for most people. Aim instead to eat it at least once a week to reap the health benefits. And choose wild salmon if you have the choice.
2. Brussels sprouts: These crunchy little green balls, which look like mini-cabbages, are packed with nutrition and low in calories. They offer up a well-rounded group of vitamins and folate. Taste-wise, brussels sprouts may be a had pick, because while they’re certainly cute, some people find them bitter. You can reduce the bitterness of brussels sprouts by roasting them with some olive oil. Add some chopped nuts and spices to the top for a little extra crunch and flavor, or som bacon.
Do you want a nutrition program that makes you lose weight and feel good?
3. Nuts: Crunchy and satisfying. Not only will they fill you up, but also provide an infusion of healthy oils, protein, and vitamin E. Choose any type of nuts: almonds, walnuts, even peanuts, or grab a handful of mixed nuts. Just make sure they’re unsalted. But keep in mind these are a high-calorie treat. So limit daily intake to get the benefits without packing on any extra pounds.
4. Blueberries: Blueberries are high in antioxidants and vitamin C. Blueberries also offer up a good dose of vitamin A and fiber. You can eat them fresh as a snack, as a desert, or swirl up some frozen blueberries with plain yogurt. Or use them as a topping in your smoothie, salad and more.
5. Plain yogurt & coconut yogurt: This creamy treat gives you a dose of probiotics, which are healthy bacteria that help keep your gut working properly and contribute to better overall health. Yogurt is a nutrient-rich food that fuels your body with protein, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B12, and some key fatty acids that your body needs to stay healthy. And if you choose a high-protein yogurt, it can keep you full for a longer time. While you may prefer flavored yogurts, it’s better to stick with plain. The problem with flavored yogurt is that most of the brands out there have way too much sugar witch takes away many of the health benefits of yogurt. I also prefer to eat coconut yogurt instead of plain because in my opinion milk products contain also a lot of things that’s not so god for your body. If the plain yogurt too tart, toss in some blueberries for added sweetness, add nuts for some crunch or make a smoothie. These simple additions can improve the taste and you can check off three of the foods on this list in one easy snack.
Do you want to loose weight and get yourself a nutrition program with PERSONAL GUIDANCE, RECIPES, GROCERY LISTS and WEEK MENUS? Get yourself Let`s Shine 8 weeks Nutrition program and make sure you get the results you want to achieve in 2021. Start today and get your results already after a week! Order now!