Get cozy this fall with a heartwarming low carb friendly soup recipe.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 6 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups bone broth or veggie broth (for vegan version)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-2 cloves with garlic grated or chopped
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried chili or 1 freshly chopped chili
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Heat a large pot with coconut oil. Once pot is hot, add in chopped sweet potato and carrots. Sauté on medium heat until soft. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add ginger, turmeric, pepper, chili and sea salt. Let carrots and sweet potatoes cook in the spice mixture for 2-3 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Add bone broth and coconut milk. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to blender (or use an immersion blender). Pulse until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Serve in bowls, topping each serving with herbs, vegetable mix, a drizzle of coconut milk, bacon or some pesto.